> From:  Joel Uckelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date:  Wed, 06 Jun 2001 14:15:11 -0500
>
> Furthermore, the IP that shows up in the header when it's working is a
> local IP---192.168.254.101---which it should find in /etc/hosts without
> needing to resort to DNS. The lookup order in /etc/host.conf has hosts
> before dns, so it should be looking there first.

Red Herring.  qmail (and most MTAs, I believe) only use the DNS and never look
in /etc/hosts.

Is it possible that this is your issue?  Try checking things out with dig or
nslookup.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.

PGP signature