Your question is more geared toward disk partitions than qmail. There are
several books available which may help you. Send me a private email if you
need some anmes. However, here is some answers:

If you install qmail, "/home" directory is mainly you concern because that's
where email are store. You can make a quick calculation by number of users
to megabyte per user. For example if you have 1000 users and each user is
estimated to be allocated 6 MB of disk space, then "/home" directory should
be at least 6GB (1000 X 6MB).

As far as "http" goes, again it all depends how many web sites you are going
to service and what is the estimated allocation for each site. For example
if you are going to service 1000 web sites and each is allocated 10MB then
you need 10GB for web sites ( 1000 X 10MB ). Please remember another thing,
there is no "/http" directory. Web pages are stored in directories as defind
in your "apache.conf" file. I normally create a "/www" directory to store
web pages, however you may decide to use andother name.

I am not an expert, but I use the following setting:

"/"             2-3GB - I have different books tell differently
"/boot" 32MB
"/home" at least (Number of users) X (space per user)
"/usr"  3GB - You need enough room to install lots of software if you so
desire
"/var"  1-2GB - You want enough room for log files & make sure this
directory has its own mounts or your system will hand if the log files use
up all the space
"/swap" twice the size of RAM. Lots of discussion about it..
"/tmp"  I normally do not create any partion for this directory but use
"/usr"

I waited to answer this posting because this is really not a qmail issue and
I did not want to affend anybody. I also thought of sending a private
message but then changed my mind because I am not an expert (by background
is 30 years in large IBM systems) in LINUX and somebody else might correct
me or add their own expertize.

Kirti