On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 06:24:43PM -0300, Ricardo D. Albano wrote:
> Hello, I've noticed that all mails sent from my qmail box to any email in
> hotmail.com ends with the error "CNAME_lookup_failed_temporarily" after 25
> minutes that qmail-remote is lunched. (yes!, qmail-remote sleeps 25 minutes
> before log the error).

SNIP nslookup data...

> I think is a problem with the bug "oversize DNS", but i'm not shure.

I don't think so -- I could be misinterpreting the logs, but my dnscache
logs show a 280 byte query for hotmail's MX records -- this is well
within the limit for a UDP query (512 bytes). I suppose it's still
possible tho -- can we see some logs, with a transaction before, during
and after a hotmail delivery attempt?

> Any here has the same problem with hotmail.com ?

No -- I'm forced to send to them all the time, and it seems to be OK...

--
Greg White