If you installed from source, simply rm '-rf /var/qmail'. Use vipw so
that /etc/passwd and friends all agree as to what is what, unpack a
clean tarball, and run 'make && make setup check'. Reconfigure to taste.
Serves 1-millions. ;)

(If you installed via some other method, it probably has its own oddball
way of doing things, like e.g. rpm --ugh).

GW

--
Greg White