You may distribute a precompiled package if

     installing your package produces exactly the same files, in exactly
the same locations, that a user would obtain
     by installing one of my packages listed above;
My RPM produces exactly the same file and directory structure with the
exception that I have removed the cat pages.  If that is a problem then
they could be added back in.  The RPM spec was generated by the hier.c
code and I have verified the installed package with instcheck.

I have applied my own patch which removes the uid/gid problems and I
have added a redhat 6.2 style rc script.   The source rpm contains the
original qmail-1.03.tar.gz and my 2 patch files.

     your package behaves correctly, i.e., the same way as normal
installations of my package on all other systems;
     and
What exactly is meant by that?  There is no standard installation
procedure and there is no reference package so what constitutes correct
behaviour?

     your package's creator warrants that he has made a good-faith
attempt to ensure that your package behaves
     correctly.
I have built the package to be used by myself so I warrant that I have
made a good-faith attempt to ensure that the package behaves correctly,
but thay may change depending on what is meant by 'correct behavious' in
point 2.

    All installations must work the same way; any variation is a bug. If
there's something about a system (compiler,
    libraries, kernel, hardware, whatever) that changes the behavior of
my package, then that platform is not supported,
    and you are not permitted to distribute binaries for it.
All installations must work the same way as what?  My RPM is built for
RedHat 6.2 only.

I have built the RPM's for my own use but I would like to do what I see
a a service to the community and make them available to help rid the
world of sendmail.  I hope that the barrier to doing this is not too
great.

John.

--
Information Technology Innovation Group
Swinburne University. Melbourne, Australia