Moritz Schmitt wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> at first: sorry to ask two big questions a day but I a little lost. With
> qmail. Only with qmail. Anymways here we go:
>
> I am supposed to set up a mail server for a little LAN which delivers local
> and remote messages via SMTP. For receiving messages I am going to use
> serialmail but that's not my problem. At least not yet.
> I'm using FreeBSD 4.2 RELEASE and qmail 1.03 from the ports. qmail installed
> properly and I can talk to it via TCP/IP on port 25. My local DNS server is
> running Bind 8 and working fine without any problems. If I send a message
> from a client in the network to a local user on the server qmail accepts the
> message and everything looks fine until you start to wonder why qmail isn't
> delivering the message. qmail has delivery problems, the /var/log/maillog
> file says:
>
> (...) starting delivery 33: msg (...) to remote [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> (...) delivery 33: deferral CNAME_lookup_failed_temporarily._ (#4.4.3)\
>
> First of all: The delivery should be a local and not a remote delivery
> because my local domain is waagen-schmitt.de. And the second thing is that I
> don't understand why qmail has a DNS lookup failure because my DNS server is
> running fine. See, I'm pretty lost and confused right now so I'm posting my
> config files and I would appreciated if you could tell me where my problem

Hi,
 It sounds like you might have made changes to the control files and not
restarted the appropriate processes. Some control files only take effect
after you have restartd qmail-send or qmail-smtpd. If you are using
/service then  svc -t /service/* should do it. Otherwise, the
configuration looks fine. If this does not work, then post your
smtproutes file.

Mike