Robert Ruzbacky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How do you configure elm to work with qmail?  I tried using elq to run elm,
> but cannot send or receive emails via elm.

Details, please -- what do you mean by "cannot send or receive emails"?  What
error messages do you get when you try to send a message composed in elm?
What goes in the qmail logs?  What does the strace/truss look like at this
point?

> I have qmail and checkpassword installed.  I can manually send a blank email
> via smtp (as per the FAQs and install file help).

Good.

> I can't receive emails from the external pop from my ISP...not sure how to
> (is it via qmail-popup and do you have to invoke this manually?)

Retrieving mail from another POP3 server is out of qmail's scope -- i.e.,
qmail is not involved in the process in any way.  Forget qmail-popup,
checkpassword, and qmail-pop3d unless you want to run a POP3 server, not
client.

> I have tried fetchmail for this but am getting an smtp error.

Again, what error message?  Exact text of all error messages, please.  I have
suspicions about what error you're seeing, but if you won't give us any hints,
I'll keep my guesses to myself.  You may also want to try getmail instead of
fetchmail; you won't need to do delivery by SMTP injection.

Charles