Cleiton Luiz Siqueira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've had some problems lately with safecat program.

Nope.

> Sometimes some users of my qmail server ask me why your messages aren't
> getting in them directories.  They send messages to themselves and sometimes
> this messages aren't delivered in the directory.  I have an alias
> .qmail-default with the following expression "|/bin/delivery".  This
> "delivery" program is a perl program.

It's broken.  If message delivery fails, temporarily or permanently, this
program _must_ return that information to qmail-send (through qmail-local) by
its exit code, or you can lose mail.  Apparently this is what's happening to
you.

> There are a procedure like this into this program:
>
> system("/usr/local/bin/safecat /home/$domain/$login/Maildir/tmp
> /home/$domain/$login/Maildir/new");
>
> I checked the variables $domain and $login and they are right, but sometimes
> happen some error that I can't see and the message isn't delivered.

Error that you "can't see"?  Your program is buggy.  What are you trying to
accomplish?  It looks like a homebrewed virtual domain manager.  Use vmailmgr
instead.

> Can someone help me about it?

You'll have to fix your Perl program, or switch to using something less buggy.

Charles