On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 05:52:28PM +0200, Moritz Schmitt wrote:
> /var/qmail/bin and to create a link to my init.d directory as far as I
> understood him. At first I'm not sure what my init.d dir on my FreeBSX box
> is.

BSD has no such thingy (and this is a Good Thing(tm) ). BSD systems start
all daemons throug /etc/rc and /etc/rc.local.
FreeBSD complicated things by adding something sysv-init-like, but
don't ask me if the expected start/stop in $1 is privided to the scripts.

Just add these lines to /etc/rc.local:

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
svscan /service &

(assuming you have the supervise dirs in /service).

--
* Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany               *