>rblsmtpd with qmail does not accept mail from a blacklisted
>IP to postmaster@my-qmail-host, does it?
>
>That seems to me like as a violation of rfc1123, 5.2.7 which says:
>
>   5.2.7  RCPT Command: RFC-821 Section 4.1.1
>
>      A host that supports a receiver-SMTP MUST support the reserved
>      mailbox "Postmaster".
>
>Well, my postmaster mailbox is supported, but I believe the
>intention is that it should be able to receive mail.
>
>One more desirable candidate for unrbl'ing is abuse@my-qmail-host.

        Unfortunate situation, isn't it? The reality is that there are far
to many places that do not have (or ignore) the postmaster account for even
legitimate stuff. The other part of the reality is that rblsmtpd is
intended to drop the connection at the earliest sign of trouble. If you are
going to all a complete transaction to take place, just so you can look for
postmaster recipients, then there is no reason to use rbsmtpd :-/

        Life in an imperfect world...

--
Roger Walker
Tier III Messaging/News Team