Brian Lane writes:

>   Are you running on Linux? What Kernel? I have the same problem with a
> 2.0.39 system that's been working fairly well for over 2 years now. In the
> last 2 or 3 months I have been getting an increasing # of these hanging
> email sessions.

I am running linux - 2.2.16.  I wonder if it is a bug with linux or a bug
with the way QMails popup program runs on Linux?

>   One 'cure' I have found is to change the MRU on my dialup connection when
> fetching mail from the server. Set it to 1500 and I get freezes, set it to
> 576 and they come through fine. Usually I see them with large attachment
> emails, but not alway.

I can see about trying it on one of my dialup banks and see what happens.
Did you adjust the MTU as well, or just the MRU?

 -Tony

A safe place for Apple ]['s...
http://www.a2haven.org

"Ugh - You mean I have to do that AGAIN??"