Scott Zielsdorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> By searching on the keywords "xinetd" and "qmail" on the web I was able to
> find a script that allowed xinetd to use tcpserver as its daemon and then
> the relaying rules in /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb worked.
[...]

Possibly the reason you were "blasted" is that this is incorrect.  You
_cannot_ make inetd or xinetd use tcpserver.  Your xinetd script doesn't
use tcpserver; it uses tcp-env.  tcp-env was originally designed to
allow you to do tcpserver-like operations from inetd, but is now
deprecated.  There are precisely zero advantages to using inetd/xinetd
in this manner, and several disadvantages (when compared to a simple
tcpserver installation).

Charles