Here is my situation.  I have a test lab with many mail servers from various
venders.  Each of the mail servers has the same set of test users loaded on each
machine.  With this problem I am not able to setup a MX record so I use the
"artificial routing" scheme of qmail to get some things accomplished that I need
done.

Here is what I am trying to achieve now.

I have qmail on a server with the U of W IMAP server.  With our client which we
are testing I am able to send to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and the message is
accepted by qmail with no problem.

However, if I send to

[EMAIL PROTECTED] the message never arrives.  I get a bounced message from
qmail stating the following

    Hi. This is the qmail-send program at hostname.psomedomain.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
    addresses.

    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
    Sorry, I couldn't find any host named pain.teamp.com. (#5.1.2)

What have I missed.

The contents of my rcpthosts file is as follows

    somedomain.com

The contents of my smtproutes file is as follows

    somedomain.com:hostname.somedomain.com

My defaultdomain file is set to somedomain.com

My locals file si set to:

    hostname.psomedomain.com
    localhosts

My me file is set to

    hostname.psomedomain.com

 The other files in my control directory are plusdomains and  defaultdelivery.

So what is wrong with my delivery mechanism?

--Cordell Bourne