on 10/2/01 7:06 PM, Ross Davis - DataAnywhere.net at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
spake:

> The following is the contents of the editor file from one of the ezmlm-idx
> lists that runs off one of my servers
>

> |/usr/local/bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-reject
> '/home/vpopmail/domains/joinhands.com/rumors'
> |/usr/local/bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-issubn -n
> '/home/vpopmail/domains/joinhands.com/rumo
> rs/deny' || { echo "Your email address has been blocked by
> rumors-owner@joinhand
> s.com (#5.7.2)"; exit 100 ; }
> |/usr/local/bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-issubn
> '/home/vpopmail/domains/joinhands.com/rumors/
> allow' || { echo "Sorry, this is a weekly newsletter posting only. Any
> comments
> can be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]"; exit 100 ; }
> |/usr/local/bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-send '/home/vpopmail/domains/joinhands.com/rumors'
> |/usr/local/bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-warn '/home/vpopmail/domains/joinhands.com/rumors'
> |
> | exit 0
> |/usr/local/bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-warn -d
> '/home/vpopmail/domains/joinhands.com/rumors
> ' || exit 0
> |/usr/local/bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-tstdig -m30 -k64 -t48
> '/home/vpopmail/domains/joinha
> nds.com/rumors' || exit 99
> |/usr/local/bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-get -ps -f r
> '/home/vpopmail/domains/joinhands.com/r
> umors' || exit 0
>

> As you can see, this is a newsletter list that can only be sent to if you are
> specifically allowed to ie. you have been added into the allow subscriber
> directory.
>
> We also have some other lists that are subscriber only lists, where
> subscribers and only subscribers are allowed to post messages to the list.
> That part we could do with qmailadmin, but we still don't have the ability to
> add to the blocked sender list (deny).
>
> We also need a mechanism that would allow each list to have its only custom
> messages.  Be able to edit and maintain the text in the text directory and
> also edit responses from rejects in the above list.
>
> Anyway, without getting into too much detail here, is there a place where we
> should be posting feature requests / enhancements.
>
> Qmailadmin is a great interface for maintaining mail accounts, but we have to
> have some more functionality added for mailing lists.  I would be more than
> happy to help someone design the interface and features that would be needed
> to make qmailadmin really work well with EZMLM.

Ross,

This is one of the features that should be added to the "modify" page for
idx based lists.  There's a perl based web-interface (ezmlm-web?) that does
ALL this stuff.  I'd love to get all of its functionality into qmailadmin.
Also, there have been requests to allow users to add multiple addresses to
lists at once.

Are you able to submit patches?  If not, maybe you could provide some design
ideas that the rest of us could implement.

Cheers,

Bill Shupp