On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 01:10, John Johnson wrote:
>  This is not good.. This makes it so you have to select to use the new
> qmailadmin
> and not use tmda or use tmda and not the new qmailadmin.  This has
> broken qmailadmin for me and to call it a stable release when
> something is broken is just
> not fare.  I am not attacking anyone just voicing my frustration.
>
> -John

Well, it's not broken.  As far as I know, qmailadmin doesn't support
TMDA functionality.  If you manually edit the .qmail files to make it
work with TMDA, then you've gone above and beyond qmailadmin's
authority.

Just like say, you edit an apache configuration you made with a gui or
web-based interface and it breaks, you can't really blame the makers of
the software, because you're doing something they didn't intend.

Also, I don't see you paying Tom or anyone else to fix the problem you
have with qmailadmin, so I don't think it's fair that you can really
whine about the fact that your needs weren't catered to personally. (I
could be mistaken, you may have paid Tom, but I'm guessing not).

Anyways, it's free software, if you want it fixed, I'm sure he'd be
happy to look at a patch that you provide :)

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen
Systems Administrator