Adam Ossenford wrote:

First of all, Thank you for the quick response.

I have tried many combinations of configurations. I set up mime.types with a blank extension for application/x-httpd-cgi, I have changed the servers DefaultType to be application/x-httpd-cgi instead of text. Added +ExecCGI to the directory, installed to other directories and configured correctly. but to no avail, I still only receive a binary text file of the qmailadmin cgi script. I think it has to be an apache problem. I have tried script alias, setting it's own <Directory> container. Using the current cgi-bin directory and still the same thing happens. for some reason apache will not serve it as a cgi script. I will keep trying but no luck yet, /cgi-bin/ .cgi files work because I have tested them. for some reason it just doesn't like me.

Mine works with ScriptAlias (Yes you were right Jeremy.) With that you can expect every program in the directory to be executed rather than sent. Several of your other choices should too. I suggest you use one of them and put another executable program in cgi-bin and see if it gets executed. That will confirm if it is an Apache problem.

You do have exec permission allowed for the web user, and reload or restart Apache after all config file changes, right?

Rick