Well - I could distinctly disagree with them about this - There are valid reasons to want emails from non list members to be  completely ignored - such as the spam issue that I raised.

I'm guessing this is then  a logic issue with EZMLM. With that - I can look to actually program around it. It's a far bigger benefit to repress spam to the list than it is to allow people to post from non-subscribed addresses. IMO.