Dairenn Lombard wrote:

Perhaps I'm not being clearly understood;

3. There is no way DNSreports could verify what it is that I'm trying to
do.

I did restart the toaster after updating /var/qmail/control/locals so
I'm going to request that GoDaddy releases their block on its IP and
hope that it works.
I snipped some out of your reply. No, I'm not understanding what you're asking I guess. Can we see what exactly the error from GoDaddy is? I ran DNS reports on my domain, and got this: *PASS* MX is host name, not IP OK. All of your MX records are host names (as opposed to IP addresses, which are not allowed in MX records).

I have never had any problems sending to GoDaddy domains. I don't use their hosting service, but I do have several domains registered through them. I do have some clients that use their hosting service that I send emails to regularly, though. I did a dig on your email's domain (broadspire.com), and see that your MX records are actually on a psmtp.com domain. I had problems sending to a domain (sympatico.ca) since they actually use mail servers from a different domain (toip6.bellnexxia.net) and had to put static smtp routes on my end for it to work right (double DNS lookup error).