I want to thank you all for your help.  With your support, I was able to biuld
my first Linux e-mail server today.  HOORAY!!!

I have one last question.  We have a local mail server under a different name
(dallassummermusicals.org) and do not run a DNS server in-house.  I've added a
route statement in the hosts file of the new mail server (DSMXXXXXX.COM) for
the dallassummermusicals.org server address, can ping it just fine, but I
cannot get mail to go from the new server to  the old server without it wanting
to use our providers DNS servers, in effect preventing delivery.  Is there a
file I need to add a statement in other than the hosts file?