Nurcahyo Santoso wrote:
Hello... sorry for ask a lot. My qmailtoaster smtp response sometimes very slow, need about 3-4 minutes to get welcome message, and messgae stay in queue very long. pls see my configuration bellow maybe there's mistake. i have to switch mx record next week to qmailtoaster ip ....
Out of curiosity, did you modify your /var/qmail/supervise/smtp/run file any? You may try remove the DNS reverse lookup performed in here as well for testing. Erik is thinking the same thing as me, in that it's a DNS issue. When you connect to the SMTP server, there's only really 2 things that can slow it down: 1. DNS slow in doing a reverse lookup 2. CPU is loaded performing some other task (spam checking a previous message, multiple rsync connections, etc.) In your smtp/run file you may also change HOSTNAME to your machine's real name. You may also try and watch your CPU load while you make these connections and see what the load is during these slow logins, and what else may be running that you're not aware of.