Ron Jones wrote:
This error drove me nuts one time testing. I can't yet remember the solution. Unfortunately I didn't ask the question on my local LUG or I'd have posted the answer. I really need to make notes sometimes.

Yes, I know the feeling, I've got to document more than I do

Ok, let's see if we can nail this down. If I remember right, when I ran
some
test scripts just playing around with this error, chroot wouldn't even find

the default shell. If you go to /usr/src/qmt as root and simply do '# chroot', do you get a shell prompt or does it say it can't find 'bin/sh'?

When I cd'd to /usr/src/qmt as root:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] qmt]# chroot

I get "chroot: too few arguments
Try 'chroot --help' for more information"

So then I:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] qmt]#chroot --help
Usage: chroot NEWROOT [COMMAND...]
      or:  chroot OPTION
Run COMMAND with root directory set to NEWROOT.

        --help          display this help and exit
        --version       output version information and exit

If no command is given, run ''${SHELL} -I" (default: /bin/sh).

So... Just for kicks, I ran:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] qmt]#chroot '${SHELL} -i' And got:

"chroot: cannot change root directory to /bin/bash: Not a directory"

Oops. I forgot the format. Try
# chroot /opt/qmt-sandbox
That should either give you a shell prompt in the named directory. If it tells you it can't find shell, that the same error as we're seeing in the script. We'll take it from there.

BTW, which distro/version are you running? I doubt that it would make any difference, but good to know. I'm using current CentOS.

Care to IRC? I just logged in to the #QmailToaster chat room if you'd like. Might be easier that way.

"She who must be obeyed" has asked that we run to wally world. But for
future reference, where to I download a Windows XP client for IRC, and
what's the address?

I don't know what which IRC clients run on XP (google is your friend), there must be at least a handful. The address is irc.freenode.net, #QmailToaster channel.

Thanks,
Ron
Have fun at WW!