fuzzy wrote:
On Mon, September 18, 2006 12:32 pm, Francisco Paco Peralta wrote:
Help please!

{snip}

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  qtms-install]# ls -al /usr/local/lib
total 704
drwxr-xr-x   4  root root   4096 Sep 21  2005 .
drwxr-sr-x  16 root  root   4096 Jul 20  2005 ..

{snip}

-rw-r--r--   1 root root  24528 Jul  20  2005 libltdl.a
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root     795 Jul 20  2005 libltdl.la
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root  root     16 Jul 20  2005 libltdl.so ->
libltdl.so.3.1.0
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      16 Jul 20  2005 libltdl.so.3 ->
libltdl.so.3.1.0
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root  22772 Jul 20   2005 libltdl.so.3.1.0
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root   4096 Sep  21  2005  pkgconfig

from your ls output, the file is on your system, and ownership and perms
look ok.

Looks ok to me too.

do this:
#cat $PATH

I think you mean
# echo $PATH

is /usr/local/lib in your $PATH?  i assume it is not, otherwise that file
should be found, yes?

No. $PATH is used for executables such as /bin and /sbin (and /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin etc). /lib is for dynamically loaded executables, and shouldn't be in your $PATH. /lib (and /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib) modules need to be loaded (or linked) before being executed, so they're inherently different, although they do technically contain execuable code.

/usr/local/lib is in my $PATH on my centos box, and the file in question
is in /usr/lib here.

I don't think you want any /lib directories in your $PATH. My 2 centos boxes don't have them, and they work just fine.

maybe a symlink or a $PATH correction is in order.  check that out.

I don't think so. On my FC5 box, these files are in /usr/lib, not /usr/local/lib. This leads me to believe that these modules were installed from source instead of from a binary rpm. This file is part of the libtool-ltdl package.

I would try
# yum install libtool-ltdl
to fix the problem. You might want to remove the locally built one first.

i always advise the use of centos...it is what they develop this on.
centos+qmailtoaster works with zero install issues, it has a loooong life
cycle(2012), it is easy to admin if you are already using rh (fedora? no
new skills needed), and it is stable.  if all you need is a (q)mail
server, look no further.

I think that CentOS is the most appropriate distro for the toaster too.