I'm trying to help Paco build the current toaster on FC4. I'm getting the following error:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcourierauth

From what I've been able to find, ld is looking for a file named libcourierauth.a in its library path.

bash-3.00# ls -l /usr/lib/courier-authlib/libcourierauth.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 86140 Sep 19 14:54 /usr/lib/courier-authlib/libcourierauth.a

I've checked into /etc/ld.so.conf, and the dynamically loadable modules are all there, and they're in /etc/ld.so.cache. That apparenly doesn't matter for statically linked modules.

ld isn't finding it, but it's there none the less.

Where does the library path for ld get defined for these statically linked modules? I've looked and looked, but I'm not finding it.

TIA