>> I think implementing qmail-spp (http://qmail-spp.sourceforge.net/) and
>> deploying the (SMTP) patches with plugins should be a good idea.
>
> It's a bit complicated to do, and it's slower since the whole thing is
> written in perl. We prefer C based stuff for speed.
>
> Feel free to write instructions for integrating qmail-spp. I'd add a
> link from my page or the main page if there is interest.

Nope, it's writen in c (see http://qmail-spp.sourceforge.net/doc/ ) with
native qmail libraries with no external dependencies.

Plugins are written in your language of choice ( spanish? hehe ), from C
to perl to anything, if you think any part must be written in C for speed,
it can be (easily) done.

On the other hand we DO use spamassassin already, that is a perl monster! :-)

I'll spend some time on that instructions :-P

About qmail-send plugin framework, that's just an idea for enhancing qmail
extensibility :-P