Nope, it's writen in c (see http://qmail-spp.sourceforge.net/doc/ ) with
native qmail libraries with no external dependencies.

My mistake, you are correct.

Plugins are written in your language of choice ( spanish? hehe ), from C
to perl to anything, if you think any part must be written in C for speed,
it can be (easily) done.

Indeed.

On the other hand we DO use spamassassin already, that is a perl monster! :-)

Which is causing duplicate mails and other issues on some of our users
with slower servers . . .

I'll spend some time on that instructions :-P

Neat :)

I'd love to give it a shot for myself, seems interesting.

About qmail-send plugin framework, that's just an idea for enhancing qmail
extensibility :-P

Definitely an intreresting approach. I just don't think it should go
into the mainstream distro until a few users have been testing this
for some time.

No other Qmail "Toaster" project is using it. I think a history is
warranted before deploying across our userbase.