[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Citando "Eric \\\"Shubes\\\"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> Jared Markell wrote:
>>> Does anyone else have the problem of the Bayes database getting corrupt
>>> very often? My database has problems quite frequently, I usually have to
>>> delete the .spamassassin folder once every 3 days, and the only way to
>>> keep the server stable is just to disable Bayes checking all together.
>>> However, Bayes helps a lot and I would like to keep it if I could trust
>>> it not to corrupt and clog up the email server.
>>>
>>> Anyone else have these problems and/or have a solution?
>>>
>>> *Jared *
>>> **
>> I have this problem too. I've been renaming .spamassassin when it starts
>> happening, so I have the old files to do some diagnostics with. I simply
>> haven't gotten around to it, but would like very much to get it fixed.
>>
>> It seems to be ok until the point where tokens are due to expire. I'm
>> guessing that the expiration process has a problem, but don't rightly know.
>>
>> Any cdb gurus here, or does anyone know of a fix in this area?
>>
>> --
>> -Eric 'shubes'

> Hi, I found these particular situation where bayes gets currupt
>
> -sa-learn --sync run while db is been update by sa
>
> -too many simultaneous acesses to the db
>
> solutions 've found
>
> drop the allowed number of spamd childs and pause the toaster during nightly
> sync db
>

> Zsoft

Appreciate the tips, Z.

However, the only sa-learn I'm running (that I know of) is autolearn. I'm
running standard toaster settings for spam children, and rarely see >2
spawned. This is on both lightly used severs and a heavily used one.

Spam configuration is standard toaster, with the exception of SURBLs, and
the following local.cf:
ok_locales all
skip_rbl_checks 0
required_hits 5
report_safe 0
rewrite_header Subject [SPAM]
use_pyzor 1
use_auto_whitelist 1
bayes_path /home/vpopmail/.spamassassin/bayes
use_bayes 1
use_bayes_rules 1
bayes_auto_learn 1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 7.0
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam 0.1
bayes_auto_expire 1

I don't know of a nightly sync db that's running. Is there one in the
default setup that I'm running and don't know about?

Any thoughts appreciated.