Hi bill,

Will try and find the rsync errors I saw when I was testing all of this.
The part of the script you commented out controls the size of the logfile,
but since 20Mb is rather large it takes time to run, so it can mange without
it. Your script runs fine on my system.

However I suspect the problem lies in the size variable.  the ls listing in
centos is probably different to fedora.  Run the below command and see which
field it is displaying.  Is should be the size portion, but it may not be.
Increment or decrese the 5 until you get the correct result, and edit your
script accordingly.  However you can manage without that if you want to
manually rotate your logs.

ls -l  $LOG|cut -d ' ' -f 5

As for the rsync errors, the errors relating to MY.DOMAIN are normal if your
mail is being deleted from the server as people check.  It will be down to
the script running after a file was there, and during the run was deleted.

What happens if you run /unison/unison -force / -batch qmail and then run it
again straight after it completes, are the errors identical or do they
differ or go away?

It may be that you need to reset the unison database.  To do that on both
servers do the following.

cd /root/.unison.

If you do ll you will see something similar to
arb35cf206e53266f6ceb48d38f9f6c049.  That is the database, if you delete or
rename those on both servers and then run the command it will repopulate the
data it is working with.  Try that and let me know.

P.S.  If you do sort out the size variable on your system could you leave a
comment on the wiki, or let me know the details so I can leave a note for
other centos users.  Also did you notice I took the backup server side
script out of cron, as it isn't really necessary and should be run manually
in the case of a switch over.  However I would recommend, that you test your
backup server on a regular basis to make sure it is working and you can
logon. Run the qmail-replicateb script and then verify.

I normally activate the backup server, and change my account to point to it,
and make sure I can authenticate.  I also do /home/vpopmail/bin/vuserinfo
randomn users and confirm their details.

Hope that helps.  Let me know what unison says after a clearout.

Craig