From: Erik Espinoza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 December 2006 08:46
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] Qmail Toaster Per User settings using MySQL

> Erik,
>
> If this is the case,is it possible to have the --enable-spamc-user
> added to the default simscan-toaster spec file, I can't think that it
> should affect anything else and think that this would be an
> improvement to the logging. Might need to add the paths to the bayes
> filter to /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf so everyone picks up the
> same db.

>From the simscan readme:
--enable-spamc-user=y|n
   This option turns per-user spamassassin on or off.  When enabled, the
email
   address of the first rcpt to user is sent to spamassassin.  This allows
   spamassassin to use customized rules and settings for that email.

This will have side effects for users that have a global spamassassin
config, as is the default in QmailToaster. Autolearn spam/ham tokens will be
separated per user, instead of globally. In addition, it allows one users
settings (the first rcpt) to affect an e-mail sent to many users.

Perhaps I am too conservative.

Thanks,
Erik