Erik Espinoza wrote:

> I don't see how tcprules would fix Stephen's problem. He's basically
> ticked that spammers are hitting his "hidden" server directly. I say
> don't just hide it, firewall it.

I agree. Two different solutions to the same problem. Either reject it at
the firewall, or reject it with tcprules (using the deny option). Doing so
with iptables is (very) slightly more efficient. Easier to do with tcprules
though. Given the mission of this project, I think the later is preferable.

Besides which, I could be a lowly mail administrator in a large corporation
where I wouldn't have access to iptables, and the haughty network
administrator might not be inclined to change iptables for me.
Hypothetically of course. ;)

> Show me one scenario where this would make sense? I can't think of one.

I want to set CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT=15 for non-local submissions, and
CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT=50 for local submissions and smtp.