hi

nowadays once every week or so we get an enormous number of spam hits which
increases the number of concurrent incoming connections to around 250, causing
too much load on server. reducing this figure means our clients suffer.

normally concurrency incoming it is just 25 - 40 range.

we are planning to use greylisting, searched and found quite a few websites
providing patches

a) can anybody point us to good working patch wherein we can have grey and
whitelisting of ips known servers

b) is there anybody who can share their experience using greylisting mechanism
successfully with qmail toaster, problems faced by them if any.

rajesh mahadevan