[ 2 Qs the editing of firewall.sh   and why might yum - y update fail ]

Friends,

I am following the directions of
http://www.qmailtoaster.com/centos/cnt40/EZ-QmailToaster-CentOS-4.3.txt

I make it as far as
5. Prepare to Install QmailToaster:

     yum -y update
But , the update fails with " cannot find valid BaseUrl for repos.update

so I edited the /etc/yum.repos.d and removed the '#'  from in front of the
BaseURL
i tired :  yum -y update  again  and get the following

[EMAIL PROTECTED] yum -y update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/updates/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4]
IOError: <urlopen error (-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution')>
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: update
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from update: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from update: [Errno 256] No more mirrors
totry.

I have looked at my /etc/resolv.conf and - i think my DNS info is ok

but I cannot ping www.yahoo.com ( that seems like a DNS thing )

But I think the cnt40-svcs.sh & firewall.sh  have 'closed' my ability to do
things like ping yahoo.
(note my server is ip num 192.nnn.nnn.200   and I cannot ftp to 192.nnn.nnn.201
- i could this morning )

I also am wondering when i edit the firewall.sh

edit MYIP="your-IP-address"   should I keep the " around the ip num as

edit MYIP=192.nnn.nnn.nnn   or   edit MYIP="192.nnn.nnn.nnn"

should I expect the changes made by the firewall.sh and cnt40-svcs.sh to
prevent me from being able to

open a browser to google.com?

Thanks

jim