I did notice another thing.. my uid and gid for vpopmail and vchkpw are both 89.. but in the config.h file in the /home/vpopmail/includes directory.. the #define VPOPMAILUID 510 and same for VPOPMAILGID .. so I'm not sure if this is significant

Minnesota Webworks

John Carlson wrote:
ok, I tried the mysqladmin stuff.. and that didn't change it.. then I did a test (telnet domain.com 25) and sent an e-mail and that worked.. so I'm not sure what is going on here..

it doesn't make any sense to me.. unless there is some config that I am missing.. because squirrelmail only seems to give me the error when I have a correct e-mail address.. otherwise it tells me that I have an incorrect user

.. so something is happening with the password I think..

not sure what it is...

thanks,
Minnesota Webworks

Jake Vickers wrote:
John Carlson wrote:
I believe it is.. I can create new e-mail accounts and so on.. but I can't seem to connect to the server with my thunderbird or squirrelmail.. when I try to connect with squirrelmail I get this error message: * ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

*when I try to connect with thunderbird I get this message: sending of password did not succeed. authorization failed.
Does SMTP work? IMAP problems can be related to DNS.