Halmut...

Actually, my point was that I had noted previously that the NOQUOTA entry was being stored in the database as 0

By forcing you to type the value NOQUOTA to enter a 0 into the field, you are hoping to make sure that the user is not of the opinion that 0 means disabled.

For example, in QMAILADMIN, you can stop users from using or creating mail lists by limiting the field to 0. I'm not sure how to make it unlimited -- so my add-domain script allows up to 1000 of them. (This is probably an example of where -1 is used, but I don't believe that -1 is recognized as valid in the QMAILADMIN tool.

Probably ESPECIALLY because the 0 value has different meanings in different places, the tool requires you to make a NOQUOTA entry in order to force a 0 value into the database. (In reality, the database probably does not allow for a test entry in that field!)

The end result of this is, if you're using the CLI, then I don't think you can say "NOQUOTA" to the vdominfo or vmoddomlimits programs. So, say 0 for the quota values, and you GET a NOQUOTA. I'll check this out later today when I get some time.

Dan

Daniel McAllister, President

IT4SOHO, LLC
2171 Wrens Way
Clearwater, FL 33764

877-IT4SOHO: Toll Free
727-647-7646 In Pinellas
813-464-2093 In Hillsborough
727-507-9435 Fax Only

"When did you do your last backup?"

Ask me about unattended backup solutions...
to protect your business, not just your data!

Helmut Fritz wrote:
Thx Dan - yeah, I know 0 is often used  - but it can be used to disable or
set to unlimited.  Same with -1.  and then in this case we have the NOQUOTA
value as well... Aarrgh! :)