try to install greylisting, spamdyke maybe?
for point 3 you dont need to do that as /etc/mail/mailfilter script already done that

List Admin wrote:

My server is just getting slammed with spam. I wanted to see if anyone could throw out some pointers or perhaps I am missing something.

1. I recently upgrade to the latest version of QTP. I ran qtp-sa-update. Now when I run it, it just says “Already installed! Exiting.” Am I suppose to be running something else now?

2. I have spambox enabled via QmailAdmin for each mailbox. All mails marked as spam are sent to this box for each user. That spam is dealt along with the next step….

3. On a daily basis I have my users forward non-spam to [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and spam to [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. Every morning my script moves all mail from each users spambox into the same directory as [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. I then run the following command:

------------------

#!/bin/bash

# Spam Assassin Bayes Training

# Learn spam!

cd /home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com/spam/Maildir/cur

/usr/bin/sa-learn --spam ./*

rm -rf /home/vpopmail/domains/ domain.com/spam/Maildir/cur/*

cd /home/vpopmail/domains/ domain.com/spam/Maildir/new

/usr/bin/sa-learn --spam ./*

rm -rf /home/vpopmail/domains/ domain.com/spam/Maildir/new/*

# Learn ham!

cd /home/vpopmail/domains/ domain.com/notspam/Maildir/cur

/usr/bin/sa-learn --ham ./*

rm -rf /home/vpopmail/domains/ domain.com/notspam/Maildir/cur/*

cd /home/vpopmail/domains/ domain.com/notspam/Maildir/new

/usr/bin/sa-learn --ham ./*

rm -rf /home/vpopmail/domains/ domain.com/notspam/Maildir/new/*

# Update the Bayes DB

/usr/bin/sa-learn –sync

--------------------

90% of the time my results are usually as follows:

---------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED] spam]# ./salearn.sh

Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined)

Learned tokens from 86 message(s) (353 message(s) examined)

Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined)

Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] spam]#

This is my process yet still lots of spam gets through unmarked.

Am I missing something here? I now have fake PDFs coming through which are also causing problems for users.

Can anyone recommend anything on top of what I am doing or perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Thanks