Igor Smitran wrote:
Looks like your problem is DVD burner. Every step you did includes DVD burner.
Try scp from old server to new?

I'll second that. I have a CDburner in a machine that works fine, except for the fact that if I burn faster than 4X the disk is a coaster (and yes, the burner is a 48X and the disks are 52X's). I also have a DVD burner here on my desktop that has the same problem (different kernels and distros), where I can only burn at 4X (DVDs) and rewriteables at 2X. And rsync would probably be better for you - once the initial sync is done, it will only transmit the new/changes files afterwards so the first sync will be a few minutes but the ones afterwards will eb small and fast.