sorry about previous nslookup that a mistake

ok first, what is the output of "nslookup compdev.domain.com" ?

with chkusers enabled qmt will check the incoming connection and it should be resolve into ip address

so you are not maintaining your domain zone ?
if yes, I think there are 2 thing you can do
add senders_nocheck var on tcp.smtp (see wiki on faq page), so qmt wont check incoming server/machine has a MX record or not
http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/FAQs#I_keep_getting_.225.1.0_-_Unknown_address_error_571-.27sorry.2C_sender_address_has_invalid_format_.28.235.7.1_-_chkuser.29.27.22_errors.2C_especially_from_people_with_Blackberry_devices._What_can_I_do.3F
-or-
add on your /etc/hosts a record like this
127.0.0.1 compdev.domain.com

ping compdev.domain.com / nslookup compdev.domain.com
if it good then qmt should be to rcvd email from your-internal-web-server

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
you maybe experience like I did. do some check on your qmt:
nslookup 192.168.1.58
it should be resolved if not then create at least an A record on your DNS
server so qmt can reverse lookup that ip

Problem is, I use straight DNS servers for outgoing and non recursive, not even internally, public DNS servers. In other words, on the outgoing DNS servers, I don't have any configurations. In this case, the QMT machine as it's own DNS server, without anything but standard configuration which works fine for outgoing. You're saying I would now need to start maintaining a list of internal machines on every email machines DNS server too?

Mike

http://am3n.profusehost.net/post/index/73/511-sorry-cant-find-a-valid-MX-
for-sender-domain-511--chkuser

I need to send out using a central server. I've set up tcp.smtp to allow a
full private net but machines on that net still can't send out using the
QMT
machine?

Here is the error. (domain.com replaces real name)

2007-11-05 21:31:16.914013500 CHKUSER rejected sender: from
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]::> remote
<compdev.domain.com:unknown:192.168.1.58>
rcpt <> : invalid sender MX domain

Why would an MX record be used internally? When I check from DNS-STUFF for
example, my MX's show up just fine.

PS: It is also not 100% clear to me if my defaulthost and defaultdomain
files
should have anything in them. For example, one QMT server handles a number
of
domains while another handles only one domain. Neither has these files
filled
in based on something I read. Can someone enlighten me on this.

Thanks.

Mike