In my case it was called localhost.localdomain and that meant the end of Qmailtoaster. And I'm positive that I didn't modify manually the /etc/hosts file.

Sorry about the receipt requests.

Jake Vickers wrote:
Istvan Köpe wrote:
I found the problem. It was because the /etc/hosts file. It was modified. But I still don't know which application modified the file. Is it possible that DHCP modify this file? Or what else?

Not normally. localhost means just that: the local host or this machine. All linux machines (when they are trying to refer to themselves or connect to other programs on the same machine) call themselves localhost.

And please, PLEASE, *PLEASE* turn off read notifications. I find them extremely annoying to begin with, but on a mailing list each and every single person (1000+) has to either send a notification or hit cancel for every one of your messages. Be courteous and turn it off at least when posting to the mailing list.
Thanks!