Phil Leinhauser wrote:
Seeing you updating packages to CentOS brings up a question I've been wondering
about...

I'm running QMT on Fedora 6 and everything is fine. I know the install instructions/scripts are essentially the same for Fed6 and CentOS. Since I'm pretty new to the linux world, what is the difference between Fed6 and CentOS? Under the covers they are the same I guess but is CentOS more streamlined as a server? Is it worth considering a changeover?
I don't mean to start any big chocolate vs. vanilla debate.

Its actually rather easy. CentOS is a clone of RHEL (RedHat Enterprise Linux), which is all the stable packages from Fedora. Once a package is stable and has all the bugs fixed in Fedora (usually a year or so), then it gets moved to RHEL (and subsequently CentOS). You also get updates longer with CentOS, since it's a mirror of RHEL. Fedora has support for 2-3 years (if I remember right), whereas RHEL/CentOS usually keep updating packages for 5-10 years. If a major problem arises with my FC4 installation that I still run, I'm out of luck or have to fix it myself since support for FC4 has ended. RHEL4/CentOS4 is supposed to have updates until Feb 29, 2012.
Does that answer it for you?