OMG I didn't know that, luckily I created all my domains via a shell script
of users from my old windows server haha, is there an equivalent to vqadmin
that can be used to create domains? My boss is a windows user, and I want
him to be able to add new domains without going anywhere near the bash
prompt...

On 30/01/2008, Eric Shubes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Delivery error: Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A
> for
> > that host, it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as
> local.
> > (#5.4.6)
> >
> >> Did you by chance use vqadmin to create one of the domains? vqadmin is
> >> broken. You need to create the domains using
> /home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain.
> >
> > Yes, I did but then, all of my other domains were also. It's broken? I
> don't
> > recall seeing anything about that. I hope that doesn't mean I have to
> > re-create all of the domains and email accounts? That would be nuts.
> >
> > Mike
> >

> Sorry about that, Mike. There has been talk about it on the list, for
> instance:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com/msg16552.html
>
> The wiki faqs does say that vqadmin is ok for adding and deleting domains,
> but I don't believe that's accurate any more. There are flaky things that
> happen when it's used. It'd be nice if someone were to fix it, but I doubt
> that'll happen since inter7 has deprecated it. I think it would be best to
> remove it from the toaster disto. I personally don't even install it.
>
> --
> -Eric 'shubes'

David Campbell

E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
W: http://www.bigbighuge.com

The information in this E-mail and any attachments is confidential. It is
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you
are not the intended recipient, or person responsible for delivering this
information to the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately.
Unless you are the intended recipient or his/her representative you are not
authorised to, and must not read, copy, distribute, use or retain this
message or any part of it. Opinions, conclusions and other information
expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by the sender unless
otherwise indicated by an authorised officer independent of this message.

..."when was the last time you did a backup?"...