It leaves you open to more spam because emails addressed to invalid
addresses are not rejected as there are no longer any invalid addresses, it
sends any spam, even incorrectly addresses spam, to your mailbox, this
leaves you open to receiving emails directed at accounts that the spam
server is just guessing exist.

On 15/02/2008, Jim Shupert, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for that Helmut..
> so having a catch all leaves one suseptable to more spam... that is
> interesting.
>     [ i wonder why ]
>

> thanks ALL
> and have a great day!

David Campbell

E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
W: http://www.bigbighuge.com

The information in this E-mail and any attachments is confidential. It is
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you
are not the intended recipient, or person responsible for delivering this
information to the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately.
Unless you are the intended recipient or his/her representative you are not
authorised to, and must not read, copy, distribute, use or retain this
message or any part of it. Opinions, conclusions and other information
expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by the sender unless
otherwise indicated by an authorised officer independent of this message.

..."when was the last time you did a backup?"...