[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>
>> Quoting "Eric \Shubes\" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>>> I should probably change that message soon. It's a general disclaimer of
>>> sorts. CentOS4 is probably the most often used platform. It's very
>>> safe to
>>> run qtp-newmodel on that OS/Ver.
>>>
>>> Note that there might be a few stumbling blocks along the way, but rest
>>> assured that your toaster will keep running in its present form while
>>> the
>>> new rpms are built. qtp-nemodel is as safe as safe can be at this point,
>>> especially on COS4.
>>>
>>> --
>>> -Eric 'shubes'
>>>

>> Many thanks to both of you for that. Will give it another go, once I've
>> completed a backup :-)
>>
>> Regards
>> Kevin
>>

> Quick update.
>
> Had to make a few attempts, a couple of perl entries were out of date.
> Attempting to re-use the sandbox didn't seem to work, so kept on
> creating new sandboxes. However, that ended up being the biggest problem
> as qtp-umount-sandbox was unable to unmount the sandbox - still is use.
> fuser didn't reveal anything, so ended up rebooting each time I
> corrected anything. Even after the upgrade was complete and I said yes
> to remove the sandbox, it still failed.

I'm aware of a few little annoyances, one of which is failure to umount. The
error seems to be a bit inconsistent (doesn't always happen). You can run
qtp-umount-sandbox from the command line (after running qtp-newmodel) and
that usually frees up the mount so the sandbox can be removed.

> On last question for next time. During the upgrade I was asked if I
> wanted to backup and then restore. The default was not to restore, any
> particular reason for this? I did, and all seems to be working OK.

Sometimes there are changes to configuration files (I recall one in
tcp.smtp) that are necessary. There's not an easy way to totally automate
this. Any customization you've done should be applied again after an upgrade.

> TIA and regards
> Kevin

Thanks for the update Kevin. I hope to make a few corrections to
qtp-newmodel in the upcoming weeks.