On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Eric Shubert wrote:

Hi Eric,

> Which client software? If it's Outlook, search the MS knowledge base.
> There's a fix involving a few registry keys.

I've gotten more info from our two clients having trouble. This happens
for them using outlook or other clients.

1) Multiple username/passwd prompts for both clients

2) One of the clients can't relay through the toaster, except to accounts
in their own Vdomain on the box.

3) Neither of these clients had any problem at all with our older toaster;
these problems started after we switched them to our newer toaster at the
beginning of this week.

> Also, be sure they're using the correct password. vuserinfo will show you
> the cleartext pw. (This sounds too obvious, but I've seen it happen, and it
> revealed the problem above).

> What sort of error do they see? Please be more specific.

In the case of the client that can't send, they get a 5.5.3 error; for the
client getting multiple login prompts, "the POP server rejected the
password for the <user>@<domain>, please reenter your password or cancel"

> I'm guessing that the domain's MX record may not be configured properly.

Actually, since we control DNS, I can say that MX records are as they
should be--pointing at the newer toaster.

Again, many thanks for your help...

--Duncan