From: Eric Shubert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 8:52 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] upgrade question

Igor Smitran wrote:
> In case i want to upgrade packages to a new version one by one, is it
> enough just to do:
> rpm -Uvh /usr/src/$BDIR/RPMS/$ARCH/package-name-*.rpm per package?

Short answer, no.

> Is there a procedure for an upgrade that gives minimum down time?
>
> Thank you

Using the qtp-newmodel script (part of qmailtoaster-plus
http://qtp.qmailtoaster.com) will absolutely minimize your down time.

You could use qtp-newmodel to do one package at a time, but that would be
risky (sometimes there are package interdependencies), and would increase
your total down time. IOW, it'd be pointless. Doing them all at once is
best.