Raj wrote:
an somebody give a definite answer as to whether qmailtoaster retries
sending mails to various MXs for a domain in their order of priority.

raj

It should do, as per RFC.

James

The last I checked about a year ago (not sure if EE has put any other patches in since then, I don't see them in the docs) QMT will try and send the message according to the RFC (selecting priority by availbale MX records). Where the problem with QMT lies is that if it contacts a MX record and it answers, it won't retry any others. If the MX record it contacts gives it a deferral or error, QMT will continue to send to that MX until it's delivered or it bounces (queuelifetime). If the MX record it answers does NOT establish a SMTP session then it will move on the the next MX according to RFC standards.
Was that what you were looking for?