James,

I have ran into this problem in the past and forget how to fix it.  But
if I remember correctly it was a permissions issue on the database.

However I elected to go with Squirrel Outlook which is just a skin for
squirrel mail.  It seems to be working great and I have it packaged so
that you can just drop it into place of the regular squirrel mail with
instructions.

If you are interested let me know off list and I will send you a
download link so that you can get to it.

Thanks

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 13:14 +0100, James Palmer wrote:
> Just to make you aware I've attempted to use RoundCube on my CentOS 5
> toaster and getting it to work is proving impossible.
>
> On the login screen, after entering username and password and clicking
> 'login', it just returns to the login page, no errors written to any
> logs.  Reading the RoundCube forums this is a widespread problem
> preventing alot of people using it.
>

> James
>

> On 19 May 2008, at 10:28, PakOgah wrote:
>
> > senthil vel wrote:
> >> I installed qmailtoaster in centos 4.3

> >>      DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!
> >>
> >> Unable to connect to the database!
> >> Please contact your server-administrator.
> >>
> >> Please advise me to solute this....
> >>
> > centos 4 is using mysql 4.1
> > and if I look at roundcube's wiki, it seems because "client
> > libraries may not support the new password encryption protocol"
> > see
> > http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Install
> > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html
> >
> > perhaps you need to add /etc/my.cnf with
> > [mysqld]
> > old_passwords=1
> >
> > then restart mysql service and try again.

Thanks,
Kyle Quillen
Lightspeed Wireless
[EMAIL PROTECTED]