And what is this mean? Does it improve the spam filtering or not?

Jake Vickers wrote:
Istvan Köpe wrote:
Hello,

After I run qtp-extraclam I receive from cron a couple of mails daily with this content:

/etc/cron.hourly/UpdateSaneSecurity.sh:

LibClamAV Error: Problem parsing database at line 1
LibClamAV Error: Can't load /var/tmp/clamdb/phish.ndb: Malformed database
ERROR: Malformed database
    ClamAV had a problem using /var/tmp/clamdb/phish.ndb! (error: 50)
We will not move /var/tmp/clamdb/phish.ndb into the Database directory Renaming /var/tmp/clamdb/phish.ndb to /var/tmp/clamdb/phish.ndb.bad for you to check

What is all about? If I what to uninstall these extraclam settings, how do I do it?

I have been getting these same errors on some of my other boxes - Sanesecurity is having some issues with their virus defs and the files are being seen as corrupted. They will come and go every couple days. You can either ignore them (clam will not use a corrupted file) or remove the UpdateSaneSecurity.sh file from your cron and then remove the relevant files from /usr/share/clam/