Wayne Catterton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I currently have a mailsystem that's been running for at least 10
> years.  It's a variation of a qmail toaster I found a long time ago on
> the web.   It's been updated maybe only once since I've had it  (but
> I've kept various components updated throughout the years like
> spamassassin and clamav).  I was running qmail, vpopmail, maildrop,
> courier imap, smtp auth, squirrelmail, clamav, ezlm, qmailadmin + tmda,
> vqadmin, spamassassin, tmda (with custom scripts and such I wrote).  At
> any rate, I've got a new server to build a new email system on, and I've
> got the qmail toaster on it again (Cent OS 5 install).  I really liked
> the install, it was really easy and set most everything up without any
> errors or problems (I had a few issues, but nothing that couldn't be
> solved easily).  However this time I wanted to do things a little
> different and I will ask about those down below, but first I have a
> couple general questions.
>
> 1. The qmailadmin-toaster package, I was wanting to turn on the
> domain-autofill option (I run multiple domains, and this just makes one
> less thing the user has to fill in), is it ok to turn on?  and if so,
> what is the easiest way to do so?
>
> 2. Currently Spamassassin is installed and I added in some of the extra
> stuff for it, like pyzor and auto learn by sending to a spam/no spam
> address.

Forwarding spam to a "spam" address is a bad idea. SA will see the sender as
being the recipient of the original message. (FWIW, DSPAM wouldn't have this
problem). A better way to do this with SA is to *move* the message to a
shared IMAP folder, and have sa-learn process the messages from there.

> If I decided I didn't want to use spamassassin anymore, could
> I just uninstall the spamassassin-toaster rpm?  would everything still
> function?  or do you have to do some cleanup?

Some configuration cleanup would be required. The simplest way to disable it
is to turn it off in the /var/qmail/control/simcontrol file.

> 3.I've seen various articles on dspam with qmail and vpopmail, but
> nothing full and complete on fully integrating it.  are you looking to
> add in a dspam module?

I wouldn't look for dspam to be included in the stock toaster any time soon.
I believe that some folks have implemented it however.

> is there any reference you reccomend to how to
> install and integrate it?

I don't know of one off hand.

> What I'd like is to have dspam setup for each
> user and have a [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  and
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for each user to
> forward spam/ham mail to that dspam will learn from.  I'd like to have
> the dspam cgi also, and install the dspam plugin for squirrelmail.
> Probably build an automated script to auto create the dspam files and
> setup dspam in the .qmail file when a user is created.  any tips and advice?

Sounds like it'd be a nice setup.
FWIW, I don't see many users bothering to forward spam. That's just my
opinion though.

> Thanks,
>
> Wayne Catterton CCNA
> Network Engineer