Tek Support wrote:
I have a few questions in answering your suggestions.

1) In qmailadmin there is such a thing as a "catchall", but I don't
have any "catchall" setup as such.

2) My .qmail-default covers this account and it says delete.
--.qmail-default--
| /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' delete
--end--

It will accept email for [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete messages to unknown users this way. Try changing it to bounce and see if that eliminates your problem.

3) You said don't do this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

But in the instructions it says to do exactly that.  If I don't do
that, then what am I supposed to do?

Then the instructions are wrong. If you're talking about the wiki, I'll change them. You need to create a new domain on the machine - it does not have to be a real domain. It could be a fake domain called "tap.mydomain.com", and you send the emails to an address at the fake domain. This will stop the circular loop you've got.