Paul Heard wrote:
I am having major issues with all outgoing emails to yahoo being deferred.
Have filled out all the postmaster forms and installed domain keys to no
avail.
Yahoo really sucks...

As a temporary fix, I have added a qmailctl doqueue cron task to run every
minute
To try to create more attempts and get the mails delivered.

It seems to be working but I wonder what the pitfalls are here at higher
loads...

Am I playing with fire here?

If they're anything like AOL, you're playing with fire and gasoline.
AOL will keep en eye on your redelivery attempts for deferred messages and score you higher and eventually block you if you attempt too many deliveries in a specific timeframe. In my experience, when you employ domainkeys you need to have them in DNS for 10-15 days before Yahoo will start to pick them up. DKIM takes 2-7 days as well. I also have 2 Yahoo accounts that I will send mail to for new servers and when they come in make sure they're not marked as spam and add addresses to the contact list - this gets them "whitelist" preference from what I've seen. Also check your SPF records. They should also be giving you a message when they defer you.