hi

thanks for your reply

i am not an expert on this but here is what i feel

if it was forwarding then it is logical that there will be atleast two
"delivered-to" address and all information displayed in the headers

but in case of aliasing the goal is collect all emails pertaining to
several users in a single box and be able to download and distribute it
locally.

to ascertain further i chkd with three other email servers

1) hmailserver (opensource )

2) mailenable (mailenable.com)

3)imail (ipswitch.com)

all of them show only the aliased email (alias_to_user @ mydomain.com) id
in the headers and there was absolutely no reference to the actual pop3
email id where the email has finally arrived in the headers.

for vpopmail i did a work around -- i was able to carryout the above
requirement by placing .qmail-alias_to_user file under the main
mydomain.com directory and then the headers come correctly via ssh console

but this is a manual operation and there is no facility in the qmailadmin
web interface for this

all comments welcome

regds
rajesh